A little bite of nutritious, energy boosting and delicious snack to get you through the day. These energy balls require very little effort to make but keep for a long time in your fridge and when you need a little boost, these tasty snacks are handy to have, especially on the go.
- 200g Almonds
- 400g Medjool Dates
- 4 tbsp. Cacao Powder
- 2 ½ tbsp. Almond Butter [icon name=”star” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Butter
- Begin by placing the almonds in a food processor and pulsing until nicely crushed. I like to do this in small bursts, so the almonds are crushed but not too finely chopped.
- Add the medjool dates (don’t forget to de-stone the dates if they have not been done so already) and add the coconut oil and pulse until it is fully mixed.
- Add the almond butter and cacao powder and mix again. [icon name=”star” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] You can use peanut butter instead of almond butter if you prefer.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball and place onto a tray. Continue repeating this process until all the mixture has been used. Place the energy balls into the freezer for 1 hour to allow them to set. Once set, remove and store them in a air tight container in the fridge.