There is nothing quite like a piece of rocky road; crunchy biscuit and soft marshmallows encased in smooth chocolate. A mouth-watering treat that is quick and simple to make and the perfect accompaniment for any movie. Best of all, this recipe only calls for a few, easy to source ingredients but of course, you can make it your own and add other ingredients. Cherries or raisins work as a delightful addition.
- 400g melting chocolate
- 125g golden syrup
- 125g salted butter
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 200g digestive biscuits
- Grease and line a 8/9″ square tin and place to one side.
- In a large bowl, add the chocolate, golden syrup and butter and melt over a low heat (alternatively, you can use the microwave). Keep stirring regularly until it is a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Next, add the mini marshmallows and chopped biscuits (I find placing the biscuits into a food bag and using a rolling pin to smash the biscuits helps!) Fold these into the mixture, then pour into the prepared tin. Spread the mixture until even.
- Pop the rocky road into the fridge to set (I find its best if left overnight). Chop into small squares, serve and enjoy!
- Side note: you could add raisins, cherries or even popcorn to you mixture – do this at step 3.