Inspiration and Planning
- Pinterest – an online pinboard to collect and save ideas. A great resource if you need some blogging inspiration.
- Hubspot’s Blog Topic Generator – input keywords to help you come up with a blog topic. Ideal for when you need some ideas.
- Grammarly – unlike spell-check, this wonderful tool checks your writing is easy to read, effective and mistake-free.
- Thesaurus – an online thesaurus.
- Paper Chic Co – purchase pretty printable blog planners to stay on track of blog posts.
Design and Themes
- Xomisse – lovely web design and development including custom blog themes and handy, easy-to-follow tutorials. My number one go-to place if I need help with coding!
- Dutch Lady Designs – wonderfully pretty blog designs, tips and tutorials and offers custom work too. Daphne created this wonderful theme you see now!
- Pipdig – lovely blog themes for Blogger and WordPress platforms and are mobile-responsive too.
- Etsy – lots of beautiful blog designs, headers and themes and some designers offer custom work too.
- Creative Market – a wonderful array of blog themes, fonts, clip art and more from independent creators.
- Google Fonts – a website where you can download web-friendly fonts.
- DaFont – lots of free fonts and allows you to preview them before downloading.
- Flat Icon – search and download free icons to use on your blog.
- 1001 Fonts – another free font website that allows you to preview the fonts before downloading.
- Google Analytics – a fantastic resource that tracks your blog’s statistics, page views and demographics such as what age group your blog appeals to, what are your most popular posts and what keywords people are typing to find your blog.
- Peek – enter your blog address and have a real person provide you with friendly and honest feedback in video format. Watch and listen how they navigate your blog and it is a completely service.
- Google Ads – a great place to start if you want to display ads on your blog.
- Picmonkey – a fantastic, free photo editing tool and allows you to add filters, text and stickers.
- Canva – another wonderful photo editing tool and has easy to use templates. The interface is easy to navigate too.
- PhotoScape – a free, downloadable photo editing tool that’s easy to use and great for beginners.
- Buffer – manage and schedule posts to all your social media platforms in once place. A great time saver as all your social media accounts are linked to one place.
- Tweetdeck – a great tool for scheduling tweets ahead of time.
- Blog Inc. by Joy Deangdeelert Cho – an in-depth book about blogging featuring advice and tips from other bloggers.
- Blog Wonderful by Dana Fox – a fantastic book for beginners who are new to blogging and covers everything from the basics like starting up a blog to more technical things like photo editing.
- Afterlight – a wonderful photo editing app that’s easy to use and includes features such as filters and boarders.
- A Beautiful Mess – another photo editing app and allows you to add cute boarders, text and doodles.
- Picfx – lots of amazing filters to add to your photos.
- Notes – a great app for jotting down blog post ideas or to-do lists.
- Pastel Sticky Notes – allows to you add little sticky notes to your iPhone’s notifications and helps you keep on track of things.