The annual Chatsworth Country Fair is the highlight of any countryman/woman’s’ calendar circling three extravagant days filled with spectacular grand ring performances to incredible showground entertainment and live demonstrations in the AGA Rangemaster Cookery Theatre with some of the country’s finest chefs including Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood and explore hundreds of trade and craft stalls. You can read all about my visit to last year’s fair here including my interview with BBC Countryfile’s Adam Henson here. This blog post will provide all the essential details that you need to know whether a first timer or looking for tips when visiting the country fair at Chatsworth.
Grand Ring Entertainment
- The Household Calvary
- The Band of the Corps of Royal Engineers
- The Red Arrows
- Imps Motorcycle Display Team
- The Duck and Dog Show
- Mounted Games Association of Great Britain
- Jump4Heroes Parachute Display Team
- Falconry demonstrations with Charlotte Hill
- Global All Stars aerobatics team
- Allcomers Dog Racing
- Hound Parade
- Massed Pipe Bands (Sunday only)
- Parade of Vintage Cars (Saturday only)
- Hot Air Balloons
- Click here for a full timetable of the grand ring events.
- The Horse Driving Show
- Gun Dog Team Test
- Military Vehicle Display
- Dog Agility
- Countryman’s Walk
- Highland Dancing
- Historic Commercial Vehicles
- Falconry Court & Countryman’s Ring
- British Stickmakers Guild
- Sheepdog Trials (Sunday)
- and so much more!
The AGA Rangemaster Cookery Theatre
- Paul Hollywood (Friday)
- Mary Berry (Saturday)
- Valentine Warner (Sunday)
- Martha Collinson (Sunday)
- and many more wonderful chefs from Derbyshire and the surrounding counties. See timetable for cookery demonstrations here.
Fine Food Village
A showcase of local artisan producers and gives you the chance to purchase fresh seasonal foods. Here is a list of traders in the fine Food Village.
View a list of the trades stands here.
- Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Lutcher Racing
- Laser Clays
- Family Fun Dog Show
- Crossbow Range
- Gun Dog Scurry
- Salmon & Trout Association
- Muzzle Loaders
- and so much more!
What time do the gates open?
9 am (GMT) each day.
What time is the Opening Ceremony?
12 noon (GMT) on each day.
What time is the Closing Ceremony?
The Closing Ceremony will take place at 6 pm on Friday, 6.20 pm on Saturday and 6.55 pm on Sunday (GMT).
When can I see the Red Arrows?
The Red Arrows will be performing at 3.35 pm on Friday and 6 pm on the Sunday of the fair (GMT). There will be no performance on Saturday.
When can I see the Cookery Demonstrations?
Cookery demonstrations will be taking place in the AGA Rangemaster Cookery Theatre from 9.45 am – 5.15 pm on Friday, 10 am – 5 pm on Saturday and 9.45 am – 5.30 pm on Sunday (GMT).
Can I pay on the gate?
Single day tickets will be available each day of the fair on the gate for £25 adult. Two Day and Three Day tickets are available exclusively on the Chatsworth website.
Does my child need a ticket?
No, if your child/children are 14 years old and under, they gain free entry and do not require a ticket.
Are dogs allowed onsite?
Dogs are welcome into the fair as long as they are on a lead.
What disabled parking/access is available?
For disabled parking it is essential that you enter the park only via Heathy Lea, Golden Gates or The Bridge – please see the showground map.
- The Country Fair is huge so wear comfortable clothing and shoes – you’ll do lots of walking and no one wants blisters!
- Keep hydrated – there are places to buy a drink and something to eat.
- If you’re taking your dog, remember poop bags, treats and a water bowl. There are taps provided so your pooch can get a fresh drink.
- Make a itinerary of the events you want to see by checking out the timetable. A little planning ahead will mean you won’t miss your favourite events.
- Take your showground map to help pinpoint areas you want to visit.
- It can be a very long day so make sure you have regular breaks and sit down (especially for your dog too).
- Ensure your phone and camera is fully charged so you won’t end up with a flat battery on the day!
- Check out the weather forecast so you can plan ahead and most of all… enjoy yourself!